Update: October 2017
This new garden is thriving with only grey water.
1. We planted at the right time - at the begining of the cool season (April) so that the plants would have time to settle in.
2. A good water wise plant pallet in the theme of soft, airy meadow- like grasses and perennials in cool colours
3. Thick woodchip mulch (10cm)
4. Excellent vermi-compost which promotes sustained robust growth
5. Trees provide some shelter from all day glaring hot sun and wind
6. We greatly reduced the lawn